How do I enter?
The only way to compete in a battle is to fill out an application on our signups page. We pick our 8 producers from the pool each month. You need to signup each time you want to battle, we do not keep your application going forward.
What are the rules?
- No biting.
- No vocals. You can sample and chop a vocal part, but no hooks or verses. Your beat will be stopped if it has a verse or hook playing.
- You’ll need at least 4 beats to compete to the final round, but more are recommended for selection during the battle.
- Have your beats on a phone or computer with a headphone/aux jack.
- No CDs or flash drives.
- Each battle starts with paper, rock, scissors and the winner decides who starts the battle. We do 1, 2, 3, shoot if you’re not familiar. Make sure to practice up!
- First round producers play 1:00 of beat each. After both beats the crowd will make noise for their favorite of each battle and the judges will make their choices. The winner of each battle will progress to round 2.
- Second round is the same format as the first.
- The third and final round will have producers facing off with two beats going back and forth, with 1:30 of each beat playing. After all 4 beats the crowd will make noise for their favorite of the battle and the judges will make their choices.
- Sometimes we will have you play more than 2 beats each in the final round. Be prepared to go as long as we need.
What can you win?
- $100 cash
- $100 studio time at Suburban Pro Studios
- $100 tattooing at Tower Classic Tattoo
- Bragging rights